Changes in National Education Policy 2020
The National Education Policy 2020 (NEP2020) envisages to transform the way the Education System is currently structured in India. To start with, the policy should be such that it covers the whole Education System
The current Education System is currently structured around the concept of 10+2 system and hence focuses on the ages 6 yrs+ only. The age group 3-6 which forms the foundation stages of learning were structurally missing from the policy coverage perspective. Hence, to bring these ages under the coverage of the policy, the current pedagogical structure is being reformed to 5+3+3+4 instead of ages old 10+2 system.
The below image will make the concept a bit more easy to understand:
The above image shows that NEWP 2020 gives a new logical structure to the approach towards transforming the Education System.
The key focus points under the School Education are:
- Early Childhood Care and Education: The Foundation of Learning
- Foundational Literacy and Numeracy: An Urgent & Necessary Prerequisite to Learning
- Curtailing Dropout Rates and Ensuring Universal Access to Education at All Levels
- Curriculum and Pedagogy in Schools: Learning Should be Holistic, Integrated, Enjoyable, and Engaging
- Equitable and Inclusive Education: Learning for All
- Efficient Resourcing and Effective Governance through School Complexes/Clusters
- Standard-setting and Accreditation for School Education
Each of the points above are linked to a detailed discussion on the respective topic.